I am currently packing to go on a trip to Mexico tomorrow morning so I was inspired to write this post. I have packed quite a few bags in the past couple years to go to a wide variety of places, but I’ve always had the same technique. Here are steps to packing for a vacation.
1. Google the weather at your destination.
You have to know what you’re getting yourself into. Prepare for rain, snow, heat, or whatever else you may have to experience at your destination.
2. Think about all the activities you are going to do there.
Are you going out to eat somewhere fancy? Are you walking around alot? (comfortable and supportive shoes are a must) Are you going to be wearing multiple outfits in one day?
3. Roll up all your clothes.
This saves so much space in your luggage, trust me.
4. Leave room for souvenirs.
I think this is overlooked when most people pack. You should plenty of space for all the cool things you’re going to buy during your get-away.
5. Know how much your suitcase weighs before you go to the airport.
Buying a luggage scale was one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. When I flew to Europe with my family this past summer, I was the only one who could actually carry on their luggage. Also, make sure you know what the airline weight limit is for each bag!
6. Pack underwear, a change of clothes, and toiletries in your carry on.
This is super important if you are checking your luggage. If for some reason your bag gets lost, at least you will have something to get you through for a day or two until you can either buy more clothing or locate your bag.
7. Always pack a swimsuit, no matter where you’re going.
Vacations are often full of spontaneity, and it’s important to be prepared for almost anything.